He cites declining domestic birthrates that result in an older population with fewer workers contributing to retirement programs, arguing that they will resist reductions in promised benefits. Casey Jones runs into the other train.
Book Review: The Frugal Superpower | Cato Institute
But Mandlebaum exhibits some blind spots, as in suggesting possible amelioration of the funding problems by. In both, the stated cause was a fight for humanity truth, justice, and the American way , as in WWII.
Being proudly, coolly realistic, he spends little time on alternative fuels, conservation, or climate change, instead arguing that the US needs a high tax on oil to encourage conservation and innovation and to put the money that would have gone to tyrannical regimes into the domestic treasury to support the benefits promised to older citizens.
Stopping that is very rational, but is it another blind spot?
The Frugal Superpower: America's Global Leadership in a Cash-Strapped Era
During the Carter administration a rival candidate proposed the same idea. Menu Resilience Building a world of resilient communities.
- Paying the Bills. Review: The Frugal Superpower - Resilience.
- Data Protection Choices.
- Rules for a Frugal Superpower by Michael Mandelbaum - Project Syndicate.
- Climate Change and Africa?
- Nuclear Structure.
- The Moon Drops Low (High voice).
Get Resilience delivered daily. Home Energy. Click here to learn more.
In-depth analysis delivered weekly - Subscribe to our newsletter, featuring our editors' top picks from the past week. Sign in Subscribe.
Subscribe Login Sign up. Foreign Policy.
- ASME BPVC 2010 - Subsection NCA: General Requirements for Division 1 and Division 2.
- House Rules (Darkover).
- The Notion of the A Priori?
- HizbAllah in Lebanon: The Politics of the Western Hostage Crisis?
- The Frugal Superpower by Michael Mandelbaum | PublicAffairs!
- The Frugal Superpower by Michael Mandelbaum | PublicAffairs.
- Rules for a Frugal Superpower.
Login Sign up. In This Review.
PublicAffairs, , pp. Stay informed. Get the latest book reviews delivered to your inbox.